ISF member Burkina Faso’s Ministry of National Education, Literacy and the Promotion of National Languages has officially launched the website of its Department of Sports, Cultural and Leisure Activities in Education (DASCLÉ).
The official website can be found at: www.dascle.education.gov.bf/index.php
The Director of the Department of Sports, Cultural and Leisure Activities in Education (DASCLÉ) is Mr Kassoum Compaore who is also a member of the ISF Athletics Technical Commission.
In Burkina Faso, DASCLÉ is responsible for the development of sports, cultural and leisure activities in the education sector (schools, etc):
- To elaborate, propose and implement strategies for the development of sports, cultural and leisure activities in schools and in the education sector;
- To organize sporting, cultural and leisure activities in education, in collaboration with education stakeholders;
- To promote the practice of sports, culture and leisure activities in schools and in the central and decentralized services of the ministry;
- To program, organize and supervise inter-school competitions in sport, culture and leisure in educational structures in collaboration with decentralized structures;
- To ensure the monitoring and promotion of athletes and artists in schools in collaboration with the ministries;
- To contribute to the enhancement of the Burkina Faso cultural identity in educational sector;
- To contribute to the reinforcement of the leadership capacities of the actors of the educational system related to sport, culture and leisure.